Search This Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fashion, Music, Dolls

Apparently 'Barbie' is definitely making a comeback!
I have been seeing it at Fashion Weeks - at LGFW in Toronto this spring you could get into a booth and have your picture snapped next to a real-life Ken model. (ugh!)
Judging by my reaction, you might realize that I wasn't the biggest Barbie fan..
Yes, I did have one or two, but that's just cause I am a commie-girl (as my husband likes to jocking-ly call me!). I spent my early childhood in Bulgaria, was born before '89 (for those of you who don't know, that was before the fall of the Berlin wall), and was very lucky to have had a father who travelled around the world and brought me cool things! (I was apparently the only baby back in '85 who had Pampers on and the nurses had no idea how to change me during my monthly check-ups. I find that funny now!)

Back to Barbies and dolls...It was the coolest thing when I got my "Preggers Barbie" - the only thing that turned me off (and put an end to my fascination with dolls), was the fact that you pretty much had to snap her in half at the waist to get that baby out. I wonder if that's the reason why I don't want any babies now, hmm?!

Anywayz..back to my original thought! Again..
As much as Barbie encompasses the kinda chick I don't want to be (kinda high-maintanance), I am loving Santigold's doll in the new Beastie Boys "Don't play no game". And in true summer fashion trends (I've been reporting on my obsession with knuckle-rings on the 'Fashionably Present' blog) she is rocking the bling rings and pairing it with matching gold-painted nails! Don't even get me going on the cat-eye!! Briliant!



Did you see the boys' orange jumpsuits?! Definitely not looking like they be sitting behind bars! (Seriously though!)