Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Daily Happenings

There is one thing that I 'dislike' (hate would've been a pretty strong word to insert here) a lot: rushing to get up at 6 am, just to make it to class early in the morning and find out that it was cancelled about 5 min prior to my arrival.



So, what do I do, since I live an hour away and riding the subway just for the sake of it is definitely NOT an option: sitting in class discussing Strip-Pole Dance classes with the girls (now don't go ahead and assume the worst, its the latest buzz in fitness workout!), blogging and tweeting random fashion news and pounding cups of coffee (yes, I got my vices back, the occasional cigarette as well; not proud of myself, but in my defence its much needed).

Life decisions:

A few big dates are approaching in the next couple of months and the suspense is building, as I try to keep my cool and have everyone happy. But since, in life, there will always be someone who isn't entirely pleased with the course of certain actions, I've decided to put it out there but make sure I (and the ones most important to me) are left happy in the end. The rest will just have to sort itself out - I'm not anybody's life coach.

On another note, I have decided that in the next couple of weeks, I will make a joint-blog to 'ShearFusion' that I will dedicate entirely to my Fashion World. An addition of such sort, will help me focus better on my career path and keep me motivated to update more. I am not ditching this one - no worries - ShearFusion continues with joint-forces to bring you the best of our lifestyle and all that moves us! So stay tuned!

Fashion News (and more):

- I mentioned before that McQueen's Exhibit at The Met was on my list this summer - unfortunately, with such a busy summer coming ahead, that trip might turn out to be pretty hard to fulfill.
Fortunately for me, Jean-Paul Gaultier's work will be exhibited at the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts this summer and THAT is definitely going to be a destination that I will be travelling too (perhaps, interspersed with some much needed cottage-time).
Gaultier is definitely a favorite on my list of Fashion Icons - his eccentricity and liveliness is much appreciated! Images to come soon.
For more info on this exhibit click here.

-


Mario Testino - one of my favorite photographers and personal fan of Kate Moss (he describes her as 'one of the 5 people I love to shoot the most") - is reportedly going to be shooting the model for her upcoming wedding.
In an interview with "The Daily" he says that he can't wait to "capture the happiness that Kate is going through at the moment." (Fashionista)

And finally, a slightly celebrity-related news bit:

Yesterday I was told that Richard Phillips has put together a short documentary movie on the story behind the house-arrest of one of the most controversial 'actresses' in today's Gossip Websites - LiLo. I put actress in quotations, as (pardon me for daring to be so bald) the girl hasn't really done a lot of work, since the news of her substance-abuse came out (Was it years ago? Time's been slipping away from me..)
I'm definitely not one of Miss Lohan's biggest fans, but I'm just wondering what could possibly make this movie a success?

View the reel here.