Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Trend Day

1835 Yonge Street: the 'Headquarters' of the International Academy of Design and my daily destination!
This building has been my Fashion Home for the past year and with just under 6 months to go, I am starting to feel the pressure of what it is going to be when all classes are over!

In any case, its another morning, the start of another day and I am currently sitting in the setting of our PR class, browsing through Trend Web Pages, when I should be working on a Press Release. As busy as I must be, I have the upmost confidence that my work will always be excellent, whether or not I decide to leave it for the last minute.


With a cappuccino in hand - it's my early day today - I try to march through the seconds and minutes of the hours and manage to keep my sanity. At this point of time I need to be out there and work towards my career, but paying my dues will have to happen first.

I'm a big fan of Fashion Photographers, especially the ones who put an unconventional spin on the expected traditional approach. The conventional no longer really works: it's true of the Fall lines and it's true of every aspect in life!
Settimio Benedusi - an Italian Fashion Photographer who has shot notable faces like Giorgio Armani and many other influential fashion figures - has taken on a new approach by combining fashion, art and romanticism.
I am personally a fan of these unconventional methods and the unexpected shocking element, which inevitably manages to turn heads around and generate a positive response.

Below are some personal favorites of mine:




Check out Mr. Benedusi's work here and follow his blog for regular updates.