Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Coachella 2011 - Dictating Summer Trends

It's that time of the year again, when Coachella - the Arts and Music Festival, which is held down in California every year - comes to an end and many eyes look to its guests for Fashion tips regarding the summer months.
I was going to refer to the Styles that were worn at the Festival, but if my 'Fashion History' class taught me well, I'd have to say that I will look more into the current Fashion displayed throughout the multiple-day Event.

Every year, as 'Coachella' happens, I sit behind my computer a couple of times a day and catch up on the Fashion Gossip, while gathering some Visual Food for the Soul. As my paths are leading me closer and closer to Photography, Styling and Fashion Production it is not just my love for new trends and fresh inspiration that drives me to discover further - I somehow MUST feed my brain more knowledge, if I want to keep up with it all. It's refreshing, that's exactly what it is!

I follow many blogs, read many magazines and have turned the Cyber Fashion World into my own little sanctuary - in any case, I can only really choose to thank and credit all those people, whose talents and passion allowed me to somehow be a part of it:

[Images by Cara Sticker/ http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/street-style-the-scene-at-coachella-2011/]


Maxi Dresses are definitely still in and I have been a fan of them for a couple of summers now. Def-definitely happy that they are sticking around.


If you didn't catch on the whole visible-pocket trend last summer, consider yourself lucky because it is staying in. Y'all better get your hands on one of these and bust out the old vintage leather belts and straps - I'm sure someone in your family kept them around. I know mine did!


We were watching some old 'Fresh Prince...' episodes last night and despite Will's loud rants that make me laugh till I drop to the floor, I couldn't stop thinking about his color 'preferences' - it was like looking at S/S11 Runway Looks - purples, oranges,limes, greens, mustard yellows, bright pinks - the 80's are seriously back aren't they? I like that, yet it somehow scares me! However, I was reminded of those same colors once again today, when viewing Dita von Teese's dress - she's definitely a true inspiration walking.


And of course, who else to round it all up but Erykah Badu, whose style is ever-so flawless yet significantly scattered, that somehow only She can pull it off!

...Catch y'all later!