Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

In the Beginning...

I've thought about starting a blog for awhile...a couple of years maybe.
Procrastination took over, of course - I mean, if I can't be honest how else am I supposed to go about it? It wasn't the lack of inspiration, no! Inspiration has always been around me - from the moment I put on my first dancing shoes at the age of 4, through the numerous spontaneous decision to just pack up and leave to yet another new continent [and country]. Yet, there was still something to it; even though 'Inspiration' was still one of my closest friends, and 'Procrastination' was trying to kick it's behind and replace it, the moment never felt right.

I thought about starting the blog [yes, again!] a few months ago - it was the night Karteezy and I watched "New Jersey Drive" [we somehow have that appreciation for old[er] movies and prefer them as entertainment;CLASSICS if you may say]; great movie, but I somehow couldn't stop thinking about how Jason's jacket was the exact replica of Burberry Prorsum's F/W collection! Don't know why, but I felt like writing a blog about it...It's obvious that one is long overdue, but somehow in the past couple of days Miss Inspiration has returned into my Life and I had to do something about that!

With the help of the One and Only - Masked Marauder - and MY One and Only Mr. Kid Karteezy, I decided that it's about time we fused our efforts together, joined forces and REP'd IT UP the only way we know how: with blunt honesty, overwhelming passion, and  cheesy love for all of you that get easily offended by it!

I, myself, am going to immerse into the wonderful world of Fashion as I know it and add a little bit of this and that from my daily world and adventures!
So...Keep yourself updated and Stay current!

In the meantime, I'll let the other half of this part of the Blogosphere blabber about himself [I know I did] and I'll leave you with one of the most powerful and inspirational voices that I've grown to love and live through!
Enter Ms. Badu

ERYKAH BADU IN STUDIO from Creative Control on Vimeo.